Skin Perfection Day Cream
- This cream provides me with enough moisture to really hydrate and wake my skin up. I think it also provides a really nice base for a smooth foundation application. As I don't use a primer, my foundation tends to wear off by the end of the day but as I said before, this cream provides a smooth surface for foundation to glide onto. The cream is a light pink colour and also has a bit of a fragrance to it. I find that it easily sinks into my skin and that's definitely a feature I look for in day creams. Would I recommend? Yes, yes I would.
Youth Code Night Cream
- The reason why I LOVE this night cream is the hydration and LIFE it gives my skin. It hydrates, nourishes and leaves my skin feeling supple and smooth like a baby's butt. SERIOUSLY. When I wake up the next morning it's like my skin has been renewed and rejuvenated! The colour of the cream is....PURPLE! Yes you read that right. PURPLE.....BUT it isn't bright so it doesn't colour your face or leave stains on your bedding. There is a slight fragrance to the cream but I find it to be a pleasant smell and actually do enjoy it. All in all, I would 10/10 recommend it. Both face creams are pretty reasonably priced and I would recommend it to people who are 20+. I say this as I feel anyone younger probably shouldn't need to spend $25-$35 on a face cream. There are heaps of other alternatives that are just as great on the market. I know when I was younger I used a variety of products from Priceline/Big W/Kmart aka Drugstores. However for me at this point in time I like this one and I'm 22.
I actually have three I have been alternating between (one is not shown) and I have found them all to be just alright. I say alright as they're not amazing nor are they terrible. Then again, there's not too much happening in my under eye area so that could be why I haven't seen an effect. Nonetheless, they're still integral to my routine so let's just dive into it
Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Eye
- This eye product has a cream formula that keeps my under-eye hydrated. It sits on my skin for some time and then slowly sinks in. Would I recommend it? No, not really. It's pretty pricey at $55 and maybe a tad overrated. I honestly feel you could find better eye products for the same price. It's currently in my rotation as I kind of wanna use it up to get rid of it. Kind of seems like a waste to have it sitting there. Sigh.
Clarins Extra Firming Eye Lift Perfecting Serum
- PHEW...What a lengthy product name. This serum has a gel like consistency. It has a pleasant smell about it and has a slight shimmery yellow tinge to it, almost like it has gold coloured flecks throughout it. It's my priciest little number at $68 and its probably my favourite. Maybe it's the serum effect but I feel like it just refreshes the eye area and leaves it hydrated. I'm not sure if I recommend it as 1. it's pretty expensive and 2. I'm not sure if it actually does work. Either way, I'm going to use it up until I find a new one. I kinda have my eye on the Bobbi Brown Eye Cream but I'm in noooooo rush to get it.
Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream
- This product isn't pictured but it's probably the first eye cream I've ever purchased. It's moisturising and hydrating like all the others but it's nothing too amazing or beyond average. Like the Clarins product, I'm not sure if I should/shouldn't recommend it. Pros: It's the cheapest at $34.95. Cons: I'm not sure if it actually works.
To sum it all up, I basically use eye creams to prevent any signs of aging. So far, the ones I've tried haven't really shown any results. It's either I'm too young to show any aging signs in that area or these products are just too good and have worked in preventing these problems. WHO KNOWS.
All in all, I thank you for making it this far through this post. It is quite lengthy but I didn't really want to leave anything out.
Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below :)
Hope you all have a wonderful day/night wherever in the world you are ❤️